David Banner Takes Back His Culture on “The God Box”
David Banner came bearing gifts on Sway in the Morning as they discussed his long-awaited album The God Box. The Mississippi legend explains that the project is more than a list of jams, but rather an art exhibit. “Every song on the album has a cover to represent what the album means.” Banner takes us on a trip of black consciousness with his latest release. The 15-track project features guest appearances from CeeLo Green, Big K.R.I.T. Trinidad James and more.
The rapper breaks down some of our favorite lyrics and gets into the meaning behind The God Box. “If people use the components that [are] in the box, it can truly help change their life . . . This is what I’ve been most proud of in my whole entire career.” Banner had been working on this effort for six years and it’s evident that he put his heart and soul into it.
Watch the full interview below.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)